AP Computer Science :: Projects :: Computer Ethics Video
Treatment Due: Feb 1
Shot Plan Due: Feb 22
Raw Footage Due: Apr 5
Final Video Due: May 10
You will be creating a video about an ethical issue in the computer industry. You should make the video in the style of a public-service announcement. You will need to write a video treatment ahead of time to get it approved by Mr. Miller. You can do this project with a group of up to 4 people and the video must be between 30 seconds and 4 minutes long. The following are possible topics you could cover:
- System Reliability
- Legal Issues and Intellectual Property
- Social and Ethical Ramifications of Computer Use
- Turn in a video treatment by the due date to have your project approved. You can view an example treatment here
- Create and turn in a shot plan before shooting any video. You can view a basic example shot plan here as well as a more detailed blank shot plan here. Although you may deviate from the shot plan, if necessary, you will lose points for bad shots that are not in the plan.
- Turn in all raw video footage before editing your final video.
- A video consent form must be signed by a parent/guardian of ALL Yorkville students who will be shown in the video.
- The final video is due the last week of the term.