Computer Programming I :: Projects :: Computational Thinking
Due: Jan 14
Department Connections: Family and Consumer Science & Physical Education
As a group, create two algorithms. One algorithm should be a recipe. The recipe, however, should include everything the cook should do including gathering materials.
The second algorithm will be presented in class on the due date. This algorithm should be how to do something physical. For example, you could explain how to do a jumping jack. When you present this algorithm in class, the class will attempt to follow the steps.
Churro Recipe from Allreceipes.com
- Gather the following materials:
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Small saucepan
- Deep-fryer or deep skillet
- Pastry bag
- Paper towels
- Combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and two tablespoons vegetable oil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Bring water in saucepan to a boil and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Stir flour into the saucepan until the mixture forms a ball.
- In a deep-fryer or deep skillet, heat oil for frying to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Put dough into the pastry bag.
- Pour strips of dough using the pastry bag into the hot oil.
- Fry the strips of dough until they appear golden.
- Place golden strips of dough on flat paper towels to dry.
- Combine 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Roll dried dough strips in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to finish each churro.
How to Make a Putt in Golf from Instructables
- Find your golf ball on the putting green.
- Determine the direction the green slopes between your ball and the hole.
- Line up your putter behind the ball facing the direction you want to putt the ball.
- Line up your toes parallel with the line where you want to putt the ball.
- Swing the putter away from the ball 1 inch for every two feet you are away from the hole.
- Move the putter forward in a straight line to hit the ball.