Computer Programming II :: Projects :: Mario 1-1
Analyze an aspect of the first level of Super Mario Bros. You can go here to play the game if you are on Yorkville's network. When you get to the game go to Options>View Mode and change it to "NES" to play the game in its original aspect ratio.
You will be assigned an aspect of Super Mario Bros. Level 1-1 to analyze with at least one partner. You may pick your partner/group. Create a presentation to show for the rest of the class detailing your theory on why that aspect of the level exists. Below are the possible aspects of the level you will be assigned:
- What is the purpose of the small stairs with land in between them before the end of the level?
- What is the purpose of the four Goombas is a row with a large gap between the pairs?
- Why does Mario start small and grow big? Why not start big?
- How does the player know that they can use fireballs?
- How does the player know how to run by holding the B button?
- Why does Mario enter a pipe at the end of the level?
- Why is there a solitary Koopa in the level?
- What is the purpose of the single question block above the three question blocks?
You should give your presentation following these tips from Computer Applications I. Also make sure you check the rubric to see how you will be graded on the presentation.