Computer Programming I :: Projects :: My Robot
Department Connection: Engineering
You are going to design a program that will create a robot using ASCII art. The robot doesn't have to be too complicated, but there should be a way to make it taller or shorter by increasing or decreasing an area of the robot. In the robot pictured to the right, you can increase or decrease the leg segments. You can search for robot ASCII art if you don't want to make your own, but please include the source of your ASCII art in your comment header if you do get one from a website.
- Use "\n" to create a new line at the end of each line.
- Use a count variable to keep track of the segment.
- Use a while loop to traverse the repeated segments.
- Clear the label before the loop by setting the text equal to "", which is known as the empty string.
- You can find the value of a slider control in the code by using the name of the slider followed by .Value.
- Rename the form and all controls on the form using a three-letter prefix. A slider control should start with "sld."
- Add a comment header following class guidelines.
Allow the user to choose the color of the robot.