Web Design II for Designers :: Projects :: YHSCS CSS
You are going to create your own design for the YHS Computer Science website. If the design is good enough it may even be used as an alternate design option on the site. There are six types of pages on the YHSCS site that you need to account for:
- The Home Page
- A Course Home Page
- A Lesson Page
- A Project Page
- The Lesson Listing Page
- The Project Listing Page
- Design each page of the site using a program such as Adobe Illustrator. This design must be approved by Mr. Miller as well as Mr. McCulloch or Ms. Rizio before you begin work.
- Your design should be responsive and there should be at least three versions of the site.
- Download the HTML files above and put them together in a folder.
- Come up with some theme for your design and include the name of the theme as an image somewhere prominent on your page.
- Use element selectors (body, a, img), class selectors, and ID selectors in your stylesheet.
- Combine and group selectors in your stylesheet.
- Use at least one advanced CSS selector.
- Create a font family for your page that includes a main font, backup font, safe font, and generic font family. Explain your font choices in a Google Document. Check of the Typography Lesson from Web Design I for more details.
- Your stylesheet must use valid CSS. Go to The W3C CSS Validation Service to ensure your code is valid.
- Turn in your project online. Check this lesson for the information to do this. The host directory should be yhscs.